Tuesday, June 03, 2008

Hello again

Hey friends! I'm back from vacation and back at it. We spent a few sunny days in Vero Beach, Florida playing in the pool and on the beach there with friends. Chris and I then drove to Orlando and spent a few days there playing at Universal Studios and at Disney's Epcot park. Universal has really updated their rides to utilize the newest technologies. What a great time! I loved all the rides we went on (except for maybe one where I felt pretty sick after). It's like a new park though, and I highly recommend it if you are ever in that area. Epcot was fun too; but was more about walking around and being relaxed and shopping. I spent a lot of time in "Japan" and bought tons of little paper items that I plan to share with you over the next week. Everything is so intricate and folds this way and that. I haven't assembled anything or taken anything out of the packages yet. I thought we could discover each thing together. We also enjoyed "Germany" a lot and had dinner in an Oktoberfest atmosphere. I think Chris was in heaven. I have lots of pictures from our trip, but they are on my husband's new camera and they have yet to be uploaded to the computer.
I have lots of plans this week for new letterpress card work, but I'm having such a hard time getting motivated. It's sunny and warm out so it makes me not able to focus very well. This is my number one problem: staying motivated. I have so many plans and ideas but such a hard time making myself follow through. Perhaps it's fear? I'm not sure. Anyway, I'll be back soon with the newest paper discovery from Epcot's "Japan."

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

We are so alike in this. My brain is buzzing with ideas and things I want to do, but focusing on getting them realized is hard. (Well, I do work full-time, so that's also a huge part of it.) But you're right - I think fear is a big part of it. Fear of failure, on my part.

So glad that you had a great trip! Can't wait to see all of your paper goodies! :)

good thoughts said...

SO glad you had a good, relaxing time on your vacation! Thanks for the birthday wishes - you are next! Don't worry, I don't feel any different. :) Lots going on here, I may need your professional opinion soon! I'll be in touch!