Saturday, June 14, 2008

new!






The last of my newest designs have debuted in my shop. You'll see my new giraffe card and my new branch card... the giraffe is a folded note while the branch is a flat note. I printed the giraffe to be a touch "off" between the yellow and brown colors. I wanted it to feel more childlike and whimsical, so the brown layer was printed a hair "off" from the yellow. It varies a bit from card to card and gives it a more whimsical/cartoony feel. I'm pleased with how it came out. My favorite is the branch card. I think it's because I like the combination of filled color and outline color. These are also original illustrations. Have a great weekend everyone! I'm headed to a morning showing of the new Indiana Jones movie with my husband. (no crowds and much cheaper tickets!). I hope you enjoy whatever plans you may have.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

The giraffe is adorable and the branch is so pretty and simple. I love the placement of it on the card.

Have a great weekend!

good thoughts said...

I love them all!! But I think my favorite has to be the hippos! They are so adorable!

Anonymous said...

I keep thinking your designs can't possibly get any cuter, and then they DO. These are absolutely wonderful!

Anonymous said...

Nothing like a negative anonymous comment to boost productivity! You said recently you needed motivation. You got it. You only posted 4 times last month and already 5 times since the bad comment. Wow. Cute cards. Don't be so hard on yourself. And have some fun!!