Tuesday, February 09, 2010

Accomplishment

Hi there!
Well, since I last wrote about wanting to cook and sew I have:
1. Made a banana bread. Yum! It came out great and I used my Mom's "Maine Banana Bread" recipe. It made for nice breakfasts each day.
Banana Bread
2. Made a potato soup for dinner. That's shredded cheddar on top. It was very easy, but I made it too salty by accident. Oops. It was edible though. Better luck next time I guess!
Potato Soup with Cheddar

3. Signed up for and began my first sewing lesson. My teacher is guiding me through making a simple skirt. So much to learn! I need a lot of practice, I'm already forgetting how to thread the machine and wind the bobbin and such. I have a hard time with my short-term memory so things that require a lot of steps take me a while to catch on to. I need to keep doing it over and over I guess. Too bad the machine I have here is nothing like the one at the classroom!

These are small steps, but I'm proud of myself for setting goals and making moves towards them. My next sewing lesson is next Saturday. In the meantime, I plan to make some sugar cookies from scratch this week. Just in time for Valentine's Day! It's another thing I've never made so I'm looking forward to diving in. I think some cupcakes will be on the agenda too. My stomach is growling already. I hope all is well with you!

No comments: