Saturday, April 08, 2006

Accentuate the Positive.

My gosh! It's been so long since I've last written. I'm sorry I've been M.I.A. It's been hectic getting my new freelance design career underway. I'm happy to report I've been plenty busy and doing really well so far! I couldn't be more thrilled. I feel like a huge burden has been lifted and I'm finally doing what I was meant to do! It's great being able to make my own decisions about how I spend the day. I feel so much more free and happy. I feel like a new person. I just feel relieved and optimistic all the time now. woo!
Today is Saturday, and that means NO WORK. That being said, I slept in late and I just finished a hot chocolate topped off with Fluff. Mmmmm. I love Fluff. I like it as a sandwich with peanut-butter. I like it on crackers for S'mores. And I like it topped on hot chocolate. I know it can't be good for me; but everything in moderation.
Last night we watched "Ghost Whisperer" which comes off as a bit cheesy, but so addictive. I'm fascinated by the premise that we are surrounded by "ghosts" who have unfinished business here and need help before they can "cross over" to wherever they go. There's a part of me that believes parts of this. I know I'll never know for sure. I choose to think my departed loved ones can still come and visit me whenever they want. They provide guidance and comfort when I most need it. And they cheer for me during my successes. They are the angels that guide me through life. It comforts me to believe in that and I think that's ok. As for the TV show; despite its being a bit cheesy, I like it. It's not about doctors or lawyers or police officers. It's refreshing with it's positive messages. And it's not "reality tv" which is more and more annoying with each show (and not real at all). And Jennifer Love Hewitt gets a lot of flack for being who she is. And lots of people don't like her. I don't really have an opinion on her. She seems nice. But what I do like is how her character on her show is so cheerful and helpful and positive. There's so little of that in the world of television that I feel parched and thirsty for it. I need that little ray of light sometimes, you know? True life is filled with enough stress and drama and issues. Sometimes I like to escape to a world where someone is ever-cheerful and helpful...call me crazy, but I like it. Every other show lets me escape to a world of murder, mysteries, court-dramas, and hospital traumas. How is that escaping to a place I WANT to be? So, I try to watch less television and find my own ways to get lost in positive things. And that makes me feel good too.

2 comments:

Thorn said...

I really like your analogy of Ghost Whisperer and TV in general...you are so right! I'm an addict of L&O, but never looked at it the way you say! I despise "reality" shows, it's unfortunate that so many tune into some of that gross stuff...thorn
p.s. here thru Illustration Friday

Unknown said...

I love L&O too! That's part of what made me think of this stuff. Night after night of watching that show left both my husband and me filled with nightmares and weird dreams and I would fall asleep feeling all stressed out. :)
Not exactly a good "unwinding".