Friday, October 13, 2006

Oh boy!


(Image shown is from Briar Press's website...has a great online museum!) I'm very excited today because tomorrow we are picking up my antique letterpress! It's a "Pearl Improved Number 11" and is full of character and history. She's a beaut! It will be a while still before I get to print with her since I still need to get some starter accessories, but it won't be long now! The man who sold her to me is soooo nice. And he's taken such good care of her. He spent several hours with me teaching me how to use it...which was just so nice...I feel like this important baton has been handed to me and now it's up to me to carry on the tradition and add to the history of this press. I have a lot to learn but have found the people in the letterpress community to be so nice and welcoming and helpful! Anyway, I look forward to getting to know "Pearl" and I hope she likes me. I promise to take good care of her.
And I've got lots of good arty ideas in the works and am just itching to start cranking them out. All in due time!

No comments: