Saturday, October 14, 2006

Pearl is here!



We picked up my letterpress today!!! A huge thanks to my brother, J., for coming down from Maine to help move it. Couldn't have done it without him! And a special thanks to my husband for nearly breaking his back trying to bring it in, and then toiling for a while putting it all back together again. He's such a trooper and a sweetie!!! I appreciate it soooo very much, Thank you both! She's a "Pearl Improved Number 11" and she's got all her working parts. I have a lot to learn and am so excited to get started. She's in our basement in my little corner for "messy art things..." (You know, the stuff you don't want to ruin your floor with, so you use it somewhere "safe.") We all got pretty greasy with all the oiled parts when we were moving her in and putting her together, but we had our "work clothes" on so no damage done. Chris made sure to get a photo of me with her...our first portrait. It's the beginning of a beautiful friendship! And I promise to take good care of her. Hope everyone is doing well and happy weekend!!

5 comments:

SteveC said...

Awesome!

Looks like all went well.

I look forward to the first "Prints"

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on getting your press! It looks like its in fabulous shape. Can't wait to see what you print on it:)

Colorsonmymind said...

Wow she is beautiful. Can't wait to see what you do with her.

Anonymous said...

That is so awesome!

I don't even know how to use one and already I'm jealous.

Unknown said...

Thanks for your comments!!! I'm excited to learn...I'm gathering tons of info...now I just have to not break it!