Friday, July 20, 2007

Broadhurst






Hi everyone! Here I am, ready to give you another eye-candy report. I am reading this amazing biography. It's called Florence Broadhurst: Her Secret & Extraordinary Lives, by Helen O'Neill. Click the link to see more info on it.
Broadhurst was an Australian Wallpaper designer/icon later in her life. Beautiful, hand-screen-printed papers that were truly works of art. But, she lived many lives in her one lifetime as a performer, a fashion guru, and all sorts of things like that...all up until her tragic murder at age 77. It's a fascinating read so far. Her life (as I read the book) is reminding me so much of the movie "Big Fish." She seems to have done so much and all so thrilling; yet you get the sense that some of her stories in life were exaggerated for dramatic effect. This book is CHOCK FULL of her wallpaper designs. It's another must-have is you love eye candy (like me). Not just a photo here and there...it's full of beautiful imagery. And it's also a good read! Normally biographies can be stuffy, but this reads well for me. (Her life was exciting, so it's hard to be bored with it.) And the outside cover is screenprinted fabric...just so lovely to hold and have out on the coffee table! The Amazon.com entry for this has a "search inside" feature, so you can see more of the book there. Have a great weekend everyone! I will be devouring the new Harry Potter book in hopes I don't hear what happens before I get to read it. (Maybe I will turn off the tv for the weekend?)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tag, you're it Megan!

Players list 8 facts/habits about themselves. The rules of the game are posted at the beginning before those facts/habits are listed. At the end of the post, players then tags 8 people by posting their names and makes sure they know they’ve been tagged by leaving a comment at the tagee’s blog.

Jane said...

Ooh, I'm going to ditto bsdstudio with the following:
TAG, you're it...

Players list 8 facts/habits about themselves. The rules of the game are posted at the beginning before those facts/habits are listed. At the end of the post, players then tags 8 people by posting their names and makes sure they know they’ve been tagged by leaving a comment at the tagee’s blog.

Love reading your blog, and your letterpress work is lovely.

:) Jane

People St.Clair said...

I love visiting your site because I learn about new books and good information this is great! Thanks