I've been tagged by Poppy Letterpress. I'm supposed to list 5 things about myself (some random and some weird) and then tag 5 other bloggers. Well, most of the bloggers I read have already been tagged so I'm going to forget that part. I've been tagged a few times in the past year so I need to be creative with what I write...hmmm.
1. Sometimes I find myself in tears over cute commercials with animals in them. Usually when I'm feeling hormonal.
2. I have a terrible potty-mouth. I know it's bad, but I think I could rival Will in "Good Will Hunting" in a swearing contest.
It's a terrible habit. Luckily, I'm ok in the workplace. It's just with family and friends...not that it makes it ok.
3. I taught myself to oil paint when I was 11. I would watch Bob Ross on public television and try to copy what he did. It at least got me started with finding my own style and way of painting.
4. I don't know my cell phone number by heart. I never use it. I turn it on, but it's just for emergencies so only about 3 or 4 people even have the number. When I get asked for my cell number I always feel so embarrassed that I don't know it.
5. When I was around 4 years old or so I got a fishing lure caught in my upper lip. It was all an accident...my older brother who was around 9 at the time was fishing and I was running around behind him pretending I was a superhero. I had a towel tied around my neck and such. Anyhoo, I thought I was far enough back. He flung the pole back to cast it out and it snagged me right in the upper lip. He tugged a bit because he thought it was stuck in the grass; but when he turned around I was just standing there as stunned as could be. My Dad ran over and scooped me up and off to the E.R. we went. I just remember getting a tetanus shot and everyone looking at me with horrified faces. It healed up nicely and I went on to love fishing.
Hope everyone is having a great Wednesday! I am waiting for a bunch of letterpress plates; so I will be pretty busy with printing in the studio next week. I'm looking to now go into the studio and work with some watercolor and ink. I need to get reacquainted with the supplies I used to love and see what turns out. Until Later!