Monday, January 14, 2008

I'm looking over a 4-leaf clover



Hello! Sorry I've been so absent! It's been hard finding the time to update while watching a wild puppy and get my work done. I just took a bunch of pictures of some recent work so I can use them through the week and update more regularly. We are having a Nor'easter snow storm right now and we are absolutely buried! Again! I hope everyone had a great weekend. Mine had a little bit of work and a little bit of fun mixed in. My husband and I went to see Juno...I loved it. He thought it was ok. I found it to be touching and funny...though not quite as funny as I thought it would be. I also went out with friends Saturday night into Boston for dinner, drinks, and some dancing. It's been so long since I've been to a club...and I had a lot of fun. Definitely not something I could do several times a week like back when. I have no idea where I got the energy for going out all the time back then. It must have come from some secret energy reserve I don't know about...if only I could tap into it now and fuel my car for much less money. I spent Sunday recuperating from Saturday night and I also spent the day catching up on a bunch of work I had intended to do on Saturday. The pics above are from some flat notecard stationery I made for my mother-in-law for Christmas. I know she wanted an Irish theme to the card and something simple, so that's what I did for her.
Tomorrow I have the HSG test with a reproductive endocrinologist (I mentioned in the previous post). They are injecting dye into me and checking out my uterus and tubes via an xray to make sure there is no damage or cysts, etc. that might be causing my miscarriages. It is supposed to be quite painful during the procedure, so I'm nervous. But I am happy that I'm getting so thoroughly checked out. Soon I will have a complete picture of what may or may not be happening with me and that's a good feeling. I'll let you know how it goes tomorrow. And, of course, show some more letterpress fun. See you soon and wish me luck!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful cards!

Ah, the days of bar and club hopping in Boston. I took full advantage of that during my college days on Commonwealth Ave!

Good luck tomorrow. There's nothing quite like taking control of things and empowering yourself with knowledge about something so important :)

Laura said...

Good luck with the test tomorrow!