Thursday, January 17, 2008

In dreams...



Hello everyone!
Things are still busy over here. For the past while I've been working on some exciting projects. A major stationery/card company had approached me and asked me to do some freelance design work for them. Of course, I jumped at the chance. So, I've spent lots of time brainstorming, sketching, and trying to articulate what my brain sees into actual designs. This has always been my dream and its actually happening. I keep having to pinch myself. Sometimes I worry that a lot of what I like, the company might not want since it may not be right for their brand. But I know that all I can do is my best and just see what happens. In the meantime, I'm loving it! I've also got work of my own in regards to birth announcements and weddings so I find I'm having to juggle lots of little things...and that's a great way to keep my mind focused and off the roller-coaster of my journey to have a child. One thing I've learned though: never let work become your respite or focus of distraction. It turns work into more stress than it already is. And soon, you wonder where the fun in your life went. This is particularly true for those who work for themselves doing their passion. While it is ok to have fun with your job or hobby, remember to take time out for just plain non-hobby or non-job-related fun. (sledding, movies, shopping, dancing, dinner, sewing lessons, singing lessons just for fun...whatever...)It will revive you and refresh you when it matters...and keeps life from becoming the same ol' thing day in and day out. I need to remember this all the time, and want to make this concept a bigger priority this year (once I get through these deadlines I have).

For today's pic I thought I'd show you a few inspiration wires that hang in the corner of my office. I'm making use of a little corner behind a chair...thought it would be more interesting than just hanging one framed picture. And this way, I get to easily change it whenever I want. Hope everyone is having a great day...I'll be back tomorrow with some more design-y things I've been up to.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh my gosh - so exciting!! all the best to you!!

murphy said...

Wow! Such exciting news! Congrats... can't wait to see what you cook up fo r the company. BTW, I love the homecoming print... you've been doing great stuff lately :)