Thursday, April 24, 2008

surgery day

Maren, soaking up the sun by the window for a nice nap.

Little Maren had to go in at 8:00 am for surgery today; she is being spayed. I'm pretty sad about it even though I know it's the right thing to do for her and for us. I hated leaving her there and she had this puzzled look on her face as I walked away. Many fat tears slid down my face on the way home, but I know she will be ok. The nurse promised to hold her little paw through it and, knowing her, she will.

UPDATE**** Maren is doing great! Thanks so much for all the well-wishes! She was pretty out of it when we came home but she's already almost back to her old self today! She just has a tender belly and can't jump on things (which, of course, she keeps trying to do). The nurse informed me she DID in fact hold her left paw the whole time (and then decided to trim all her nails while she was at it).

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

She'll be herself by Sunday!
You'll be okay in a week or so :^)
Tell her Morgan sends his best!
The rabbit says Hi! too!

Anonymous said...

Awww...poor girl! Hope she has a speedy recovery. :)

Erin McCall said...

Get well soon Maren!

Laura said...

Get well soon Maren!