Wednesday, September 05, 2007

Wren






Last weekend I finally printed my "wren" notecards. I've had this plate for almost a year just waiting to be printed. I have them for sale in sets of 5 on my Etsy shop. I've only printed 14 sets in this particular custom color...never to be again! I will reprint the plate, but in a new color next time. Right now it's a sort of pale olivey color...I wanted something that looked like it could be used all year round but also had a bit of a fall feeling to it. I'm excited about them.
I saw a really fat wren on our front porch at the end of the winter and it looked like a softball with legs. You could barely see its head...it was just so chubby for the winter. And so cute. That inspired me to do the card...this one on the card is a bit more thin than the one I saw (which is really saying something). I hope everyone is well! I've been busy freelancing these past few weeks and will continue to do so for the next few. After that I need to get cracking on my holiday cards and my next limited edition print (which I already have the plate for). See you soon!

2 comments:

Sarah Jane said...

i am so glad that I found your blog...your work is amazing! I just Love letterpress, and your work is so simple and yet sophisticated. great work!

Adhi Potoba said...

Hi Megan,
Stumbled across your blog by accident and then I said to myself "Hey, I know her..." Anyway, I hope you're doing well. I checked out the blog, etsy and flickr. Looks like you've been busy and as always your work looks fabulous. As do you. Drop me a line when you get a chance. (And check out my food blog!)
-Indrajeet