Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Gobble!! Gobble!!

Holy crap! I was talking to myself this morning as I planned the day and I glanced out my living room window and saw a turkey wandering around outside. Cool! I thought. So I started taking photos of it...

After several shots (Wow! I've never seen a turkey like this up close! And it's right by the house!) I realized....Heyyyyyyy, where there's one turkey there's more! So I tip-toed over to the next window on the other side of the room, looked out and saw this one. It was double the size of the other one and much more colorful...

Wow! I thought...cool! A turkey couple. So I watched the bigger one for a while and took a million photos. Soon, I realized it was looking in our basement door.
So I tiptoed over and went down a few steps to the basement and saw this:
It noticed me on the stairs. It was giving me the evil turkey eye and was pacing back and forth in the doorway. WOW!


So I went back up the stairs to calm his fears and back to the living room where I could look down on it. Here it is staring into the basement:

I heard "clang-clang!".....clang clang!!!!!! It was knocking on the glass door. Finally, it calmed and wandered away to be with it's wife in the woods with it's calmed feathers.

I've never seen them around the house before much less at all! Good times. By the way, Easter dinner went well and we had so much fun!!!!!!! I was so full by the end of it I thought I'd burst. Always fun to be with family! Have a great day all!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW!!! How cool is that? Maybe they were looking for Easter leftovers?

Michelle said...

OH how cool! Dude, that is one seriously large turkey, and what a personality he had! I love that you were talking to yourself as you planned your day, I do the same, actually I talk to myself all the time, my boyfriend says that when i am in the shower he hears me mumbling through the door and it cracks him up...I never summoned any turkeys though!

Unknown said...

Hee Hee! Yes, I talk to myself in the morning when I need to calmly list out what needs to happen that day. It's my "morning meeting." Too bad nobody else is there to talk about last night's tv shows. My dialogue can be funny I'm sure; I just need a microphone and then say "Thank you and goodnight Boston!! Remember to tip your waitress!"

murphy said...

Isn't it crazy that bird that big just live in the wild?! We see them up in Syracuse at my boyfriend's parents house (out in the country) and they're always so cool