Friday, June 22, 2007

Leaves and Follows





Hey everyone! I'd like to introduce my limited edition original series of letterpressed prints titled "Leaves and Follows." The total size of the piece is 5 x 7 inches and I've only printed 135 in the edition. What do you think of it? Warm red ink is pressed into Crane's Lettra paper...it's soft, pillowy, and thick. The impression can be felt when you run your hand over the bright white paper. It is so soft it almost feels like fabric. You can purchase it at my etsy shop. The design is an illustration I did...a sort of abstract combination of shapes inspired by nature. It depcits a mother bird and her hatchlings following her through the bushes. I love the organic leaf shapes and I think I'll use similar ones in future prints. I have tons of thicket outside of my house where loads of species of birds live and get visited by squirrels, groundhogs, chipmunks, mice, turkey, deer, and other fine folks. It's fascinating to stare out the windows at the world of activity going on outside and they have no idea I'm spying. Very inspirational! Happy Friday everyone! I hope you all have a great weekend ahead!

3 comments:

Erin McCall said...

I love it! Did you use photopolymer? p.s. Great haircut!

Erin

Anonymous said...

it's so cute!i love the mother bird with her hatchings following her...

Unknown said...

Thanks ladies! :) Erin, Yes, this is a photopolymer; I was happy with how it came out.