Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Seagulls




Hello all! Feeling pretty bad and in pain, but have managed to print some new stationery to sell on etsy! Living in New England, the beaches in summer are filled with flocking seagulls who bob and dive through the air. I thought it would make the perfect notecard...preppy and unique and very New England. It's printed on my letterpress in Navy Blue ink onto thick cotton bright white paper...Crane's Lettra letterpress paper. I kept the corners on this square, since rounding them didn't seem to go with the look and feel. I had a lot of fun printing them and it's my favorite card set so far. It's a great way to celebrate summer, but feels like it could be used all year long.
I've been brainstorming lots of ideas and have been making plans for limited edition prints that are affordable. My plan is to come up with 2 designs and see how they do. I've spent a lot of time getting inspired and sketching ideas...that's most of the fun!
I'm thinking they will be 5 x 7 letterpressed works. Stay tuned!

No comments: