Thursday, January 18, 2007

Already Thursday

Sorry no photo today. My meeting with the potential client when really well yesterday! I learned a lot about his business and the project will be really exciting. Therefore, I'm excited! I have to put together a quote today and we'll see how it goes. Becoming a member of the Chamber of Commerce is really paying off! As for today, I have a different meeting with a client of mine so it's an administrative day here. Lots of filing and organizing to do. I didn't get to do much on the press yesterday; perhaps this evening I can make some progress (will I EVER!?) I DID receive my stack paper cutter yesterday: a QCM-1200E Stack Paper Cutter. I was all excited until we put it together and thought there was all kinds of things wrong with it. SIGH......
The paper clamp seemed to be ruining my paper and the blade wouldn't cut through my small stack. BUT upon calling the guy who sold it to me, I found that the stack had to be thicker. Once I thickened the stack, it cut like butter and the top sheet only got a little ruined from the paper clamp. He told me to use a few sheets of scrap paper on the top to absorb the clamp pressure and it should be ok. YAY! So, I'm now happy with the cutter and relieved I don't have to send it back. Another near set-back averted!
Today will be a little break as I focus on design-world. But I won't give up! (slamming fist on my desk) I hope everyone has a great day today!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just stumbled on your blog, I will keep my eye on it :)

Good luck with all these exciting new adventures!

Sophie

Unknown said...

Thanks Sophie! I'm glad you enjoy it!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like business is going well, and congrats on the new paper cutter!

I hope you don't mind, but I am going to tag you for 6 weird things. Hope you want to do it.

RULES: People who get tagged need to write a blog post of 6 weird things about them as well as state this rule clearly. In the end, you need to choose 6 people to be tagged and list their names. Don't forget to leave a comment that says "you are tagged" in their comments and tell them to read your blog.