I've been "tagged!" In blog-world, this is where someone writes 6 weird things about themselves and then "tags" 6 other people with blogs to do the same on their site. Kathleen of Cake + Pie has tagged me. I never had heard of this until recently so here goes!
1. A lot of people don't know I have "Nail Patella Syndrome" which is a genetic disorder. From it, I have cracked/incomplete thumbnails. Also, I cannot rotate my forearms...there is no socket in the elbow to turn...I can only bend the elbow. WEIRD! I also have strange hips and knees. Luckily, it's hard for others to notice (except sometimes I get comments about why my arms always seem to look "bent." But I tend to hide it ok. So this is a weird thing about me.
2. A lot of people ALSO don't know I have "Pressure Urticaria" which is pressure hives. I get them every day all over myself wherever there has been pressure on my skin. It's extremely itchy and annoying. On bad days I look like "Pizza the Hut" from Spaceballs. The key is to not do too much strenuous activity and avoid sitting/leaning on hard surfaces. I'm contemplating getting a bubble I can live in. Anyway, side effects are painful/swollen joints, fatigue, and of course itchy red welts. It came on just before I turned 22. I'm halfway to 29 now, so this sucks. There's no treatment or anything...mine is a severe case. So, I'm just used to it now. They say it will probably go away some day just in the way it came. WEIRD, RIGHT??
3. I'm originally from Maine and I hate seafood. Anything that looks like a giant ant is not for me. I'm just not a fan of the tastes or the textures. BLECH! But I know I'll probably never be allowed back in the state and I've also shamed my whole family. I can't help it; I'm weird!
4. I LOVE the muppets and anything muppet related. NO, I don't have muppet shrines in my house. Just a bunch of DVDs. Jim Henson was a genious. And his goal was to create a more peaceful and happy world. His work makes me feel like that. But to be 28 and singing "And Dance Myself to Sleep" by Ernie from Sesame Street makes me a little weird. Oh well.
5. I don't like to be tickled. Yeah, most people don't. But I cry and panic. Who does that?
6. My favorite movie is "Platoon." It's so great. What makes that weird is my second favorite is "Muppets Take Manhattan." I know, I know. Freakish.
Now, I have to tag 6 people. It's ok if you don't want to do it; but it's refreshing if there's a lot of other things on your mind.
RULES: People who get tagged need to write a blog post of 6 weird things about them as well as state this rule clearly. In the end, you need to choose 6 people to be tagged and list their names. Don't forget to leave a comment that says "you are tagged" in their comments and tell them to read your blog.
I tag: Juliet, Thea, Amy, Romina, The "Reluctant Housewife", and Alison